Educational institution of the school system
As a rule, educational institutions regulated by a decree concerning teaching activity or whose activity can be regarded as comparable to that of educational institutions regulated by such a decree are regarded as educational institutions within the school system.
Educational institutions within the school system are divided into the following main categories:
- General education institutions
- Vocational education institutions
- Tertiary education institutions
- Other educational institutions within the school system.
The definition is based on Statistics Finland's classification of educational institutions - Classification and listing of educational institutions 1995. Helsinki: Statistics Finland, 1996. (Education, 1996, 3)
Validity of the definition
- 1 January 1900 - 31 December 1998