Unless otherwise stated in connection with an individual service, all rights, including copyrights, to this website service and the data and data products it contains, are the property of Statistics Finland.
The owners of copyrights to photographs and maps are the photographers, producers of the images or Statistics Finland. The use of such material is always subject to a separate agreement.
Open data and interfaces
- Statistics Finland offers ready-made interfaces for the users of open data.
- The building of the interfaces has been started from the StatFin database.
- For instructions and further information:
Statistics Finland, open data and interfaces
Monitoring of use (cookies)
Statistics is collected on
- IP address and corresponding DNS name
- The organisation that has registered the IP address (so-called whois data)
- Name and address of the page the visitor is on
- The time when the page was loaded
- The previous page the visitor was on (so-called referrer data)
- Type, version and language of the visitor's browser
- Screen resolution and number of colours of the visitor's monitor
- The visitor's operating system and its language
- The cookie and java support of the visitor's browser
- Number of pages in the page history
In connection with data collection each visitor is given a unique ID number which helps connect consecutive page loads to the same visitor and recognise a return visit to the page. The ID number is stored in the cookie on the visitor's browser. Cookies can be turned off from the browser settings. This allows the user to prevent data collection with the help of cookies.
Further information and contacts: